Skip to main content

The Un‘Reserved’ Generals

We all travel from trains. And during night travels, or when the weather is not according to us we always reserve a seat for ourselves so that we could travel comfortable. There is also a bogie, which called ‘General bogie’. In which anybody can sit anywhere, anytime, there is no rule for general. I am not here to talk about trains, but about a system in Indian constitution that is called reservation.
            I don’t know much detail, but when the reservation came, we have been told that this will fill the distance between rich and poor, and this system will make everybody equal. But this system has a weak spot, and that is, it does not verify the poor by their abilities of earning or their wealth & property, but this verifies it by their cast. As we all know that in the ancient time Brahmans and Kshatriya were counted among rich people. And all of the others like SC and ST were in poor category. The other backward cast people were among middle class. I fully agree that SC’s and ST’s were struggling so much for food, and they did need the reservation to grow up. But we have forgot that there were also Brahmans like ‘Sudama’, who were poor and and finding it hard to earn the bread and butter. When we think about removing this cast difference among us, why then we help people according to their cast. When we talk about helping poor then why we not distribute the help equally among every cast. We all are human. And poverty and starvation don’t know what is cast. When it comes, it can come to anyone, anywhere. It can happen to anybody. Then why we have double standard of measurement of poor. Who are this people to decide that which cast is poor and which one is not? When citizen of India will be able to understand that this reservation system is as dirty as the politician who want us to fight each other and stay divided, so that they can stay where they are?
                                         
 I am not talking about reservation for general. Because we have never asked for it, and we don’t even want it. But let me tell you that in the ancient time only the Brahmans used to beg, and people of the society give them with faith. But today the things have been changed. I want to tell a story of my friend which will clear what is happening to us. Everyone in India would know this story, because it happens to every single general cast family who don’t have enough money.
                    One of my friends was attending the exam of UPTU and IIT. And during these times every one who has attended an engineering entrance exam would know the pressure. My friend had instruction from his father that, he need to qualify for Government College. He was afraid of losing it. He used to study for so many hours to qualify. But when the results came, he went in great despair. Then he got counseling letter. And he went for it, and he has been offered so many good private colleges in UPTU. But he didn’t select any of them. An old man asked him, “Son, you have so many good colleges. Why you are not selecting any of them?” My friend was feeling devastated. The only dream he had since his childhood to be an engineer, now he got the chance but luck is not with him. He left and came back to home. He decided to try once again. One of his friends was SC. And he also applied for this time. And fortunately both got similar rank. My friend has better rank than his SC friend, still his SC friend got Government College and he didn’t.
                                          Now my friend doesn’t believe in achieving his dreams. He is distracted so much. He has not goals now. Now he works with his father in his shop. I met him and asked about his future. He said, “My future died the day I saw my results.”
                                        Our system is unable to solve problems like this. There are still so many general students who are suffering from this reservation system. We don’t want reservation. We want competition. If the student deserves to study in engineering college then he must get it. And believe me I know my friend very well, how talented he was.
                                                           I ask you all, “Do we need to reserve seats during college admissions, so that one son of India will get the seat and the second who is better than other will not? Is it justice?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wallflower's Diary 1

I like people laughing. I like people smiling. I like everyone around me to stay happy. It bothers me most of time when I see anyone struggling with their fate. Usually its hard to keep everyone happy. But It is possible to keep them satisfied. satisfy every one by truth and right that's what I think is an easy task to do.                      It become easy to stay happy when you attach your happiness with others. Then not only you , but everyone around you will help you to keep you happy, cause they will work for keeping themselves happy. World would have a better place without jealousy , money , greed . We all know this still we are unable to detach ourselves with these things. Anyway never stop hoping. Cause that is the only tool we got to face uncertainty of world. We all knows that money is not going to help us fighting with our future problems. May be for a while money will work , but later we need people to help us. Its necessary to be that way. Helping way.            

Activity that connect me with life

I guess, it's a very large topic for me. I would start to explain how anything connect me to life , I can write so many 400 pages books on it. Each activity connect us to the life, but the question is which one connect you more depth. Which one take you to peak of happiness. So I think the topic should be named " One activity that separate you from your life. One Activity that takes your mind away from everything that is connected to the life." When you feel that you don't belong to this world anymore. I think that kind of activity we should  discuss.                                               Well now as I mentioned that each activity made by me connect me with life. I want to explain how, and this answer will answer the other question too. In simple words, I am going to answer two of the questions simultaneously. 1- One activity that connect you to the life?. 2- One activity that takes you away from the world and life?.                                        

StartUP

                                               StartUP Here I am Nitin Tiwari again for sharing some of my experience. Well for your kind information I am not that much experienced. I am just 19 years old but as Steve Jobs Sir says that age is irrelevant to experience. You gain experience by mistakes and events you encountered. And age is a thing you cannot control it will keep running until death will put a full stop at the end.                                                                             So this time I am thinking about my start up. I haven't started up yet. I am working under my father right now. But now I do 30 percent of his work, like i look after his shop and his deals of contracts. His PO's and quotations and many more. But I am thinking about starting something my own.                                               As every new young gun feel when he start , I am also very much scared. But It has been my theory to stay scared and nervous, that mea